|MSNswitch is designed to automatically power-cycle any device when internet connectivity is lost. This is useful if your broadband / cable / DSL connection drops, and all you need to do is reset the router to re-gain connectivity.
MSNswitch does this automatically. It can reset the router for you, without anyone having to visit the location and manually doing it.
|To set up, all you have to do is;
||2x of either;
- Universal socket
- USA (Type B, NEMA 5-15R)
- UK ~ w/o shutter (Type G, BS1363, MS589, SS145)
- AUST / China (Type I, AS / NZS3112, CCC)
|2x of either;
- Schuko~shuttered (Type F, CEE 7/4, 7/17)
- UK ~ shuttered (Type G, BS1363, MS589, SS145)
- French (Type E, CEE 7/5)
- Danish (Type K, Section 107-2-D1)
||CE, LVD, RoHS Compliant
Output: 10A (for 2 sockets) & DC5V, 500mA (for USB port)
||10A Thermal Fuse
||2x fixed socket
|Power ON / OFF switch
||Individual outlet power ON / OFF LED button (Press & hold 2 seconds)
|Reset to Factory Default
||Long press all 3 LED buttons
|Web Server CPU
||32-Bit RISC CPU
||IE and Java
|Supported Network Protocols
||HTTP, TCP/IP, UDP, SMTP, Dynamic DNS, DNS Client, SNTP, DHCP, SNMP(OEM only).
||10/100 Base-T , RJ45 (Cat.5)
||0°C ~ 60°C at 10% ~ 90% relative humidity. For indoor use only.
||White / Color Box
|Google Talk / Hangouts Issue:
|Some MSNswitch users are having problems using Gtalk and Hangouts. This is because Google has made some changes and user now need to activate the 2-Step Verification.
- Open a browser and login to the Google Account you have created for MSNswitch.
- Goto My Account > Sign-in & Security > Signing in to Google > 2-Step Verification. Once this is done, user can then use [App Passwords].
- Next, goto [App passwords], select [Manage application-specific password] > [Select app] .. a new random password will be generated.
- Copy & paste this into MSNswitch Gtalk /Hangout page [password field].
|Quick Installation Guide
||17th May '16
ENG=English, CHT=Chinese Traditional, CHS=Chinese Simplified
|Latest Netility Software
|MSNswitch will automatically ping five different preset target, which can be changed, and if they are unreachable, MSNswitch will power-cycle the power outlets.|
|Main use for MSNswitch includes:
While the main feature is very simple (and will be the only feature most customers will use), the device does have some more advanced features:
- Home users who have to manually power-cycle their router to re-gain internet connectivity.
- Resetting unresponsive device (for instance IP camera or NAS servers) which otherwise will be inaccessible from remote.
- IT Professionals who need to automatically or remotely reset devices.
- Preventing your connection from timing out or going dormant.
- Having devices on an automatic power schedule [Ex: Turn on at 9am & turn off at 5pm].
- Web Interface - Allows you to monitor status, view logs, and change advanced settings & configurations via web browser. Easy access in LAN by typing //MSNswitch.
- Power Scheduling - Up to 20 schedules may be set to turn power on/off to specific ports at specified times.
- Timed Power-Cycling - Automatically power cycle power ever X mins (1-1440).
- Event Logs - To keep track of when the unit had to reset power etc.
- Dynamic DNS Support & Remote Admin - Allows customers to login via the web to access controls, view logs, and remotely turn on/off power to specific ports or reset power.
- MSN Messenger Support - Sends you notifications and allows you to issue commands to check the status, as well as turn on/off power or power-cycle certain ports via MSN Messenger. (AIM & Yahoo support coming soon!)
- Advanced Network Configuration - Allows you to setup to obtain a static IP address and use different DNS servers, and change HTTP web admin interface port.
- Save/Restore Configuration - Allows you to save your configuration, and easily restore the configuration. Good for customers who are purchasing multiple units, as they can create a configuration file and apply it to all of their units instead of manually configuring each unit.
|Internet controllable outlets ON
||Orange LED button ON
|System in Protect Mode (UIS On/Off button pressed)
||Blue LED ON
|At least one IP address has timeout
||Green LED Blinking
|Internet is online
||Green LED ON
|No internet connection
||Green LED OFF
|BEFORE PERFORMING FIRMWARE UPGRADE, please check
- Hardware model (see label underneath device): UIS-311 or UIS-315 or UIS-322 or UIS-522b, etc...
- Firmware version (goto "Information --> System Status"): Write down your current Firmware Version. Select the firmware here that matchs the letters of your current firmware.
- Goto "about" to save your settings / schedules.
||For models: UIS-522b, UIS-523f, UIS-523g, UIS-523i, UIS-523j, UIS-523k and UIS-523e
||4th Jul. '16
||For models: UIS-322b, UIS-323f, UIS-323g, UIS323i, UIS323j, UIS323k and UIS-323e
||19th Aug. '16
|Current Firmware Release Notes:
- [New]: Support Huawei E220 and E3372 USB 3G modem.
- [Fixed]: Support TLS 1.2, fixes Google SSLv3 & RC4 issue
- [Fixed]: Support TLS 1.2, fixes Google SSLv3 issue.
|For 2.40.MNS.6311 (released 17th Mar. '16);:
- [Fixed]: Hangouts will only accept complete commands. Will not accept eg. "Set of 1".
- [Changed]: DDNS.iCV99 becomes a drop down option. Not enabled by default.
- [Fixed]: "Auto Restart System Every" 1 to 2 min, actually requires 1m30s and 2m30s.
- [Fixed]: DST setting not properly saved. Resulting in wrong restore issue.
- [Fixed]: Test email successfully sent but email notification failed to send.
- [Changed]: Event Log Type default to [Status].
- [Changed]: Changed STUN error condition.
- [Fixed]: Google Talk flooded by 'help' messages.
- [Changed]: STUN server default to 'stun.l.google.com'.
- [Changed]: Renamed "Google Talk" to "Hangouts".
- [Fixed]: DST setting supports overlapping year.
|For MNT.6503 (released 17th May '16);:
- [New]: Ping Website increased from 5 to 7.
- [New]: Email to include ‘Preset Domain Name” link.
- [New]: Account settings increased from 2 to 5 sets.
- [New]: Forced UIS Reset if ping continuously timeout after power-on.
- [New]: Settings preserved upon firmware upgrade.
- [New]: DST now supports different year entry.
- [New]: Changed administrator account login/password to admin/admin.
- [New]: If can’t get DHCP IP, press UIS On/Off button for 10s will fix device IP to 192.168.0.100
- [New]: HTTP URL link to Control Outlet via Control2.cgi (for MNT firmware only).
- [New]: Added No-IP DDNS service
- [New]: Configuration > Timeout Settings > Number of UIS Resets included [Unlimited / Limited] times option.
- [New]: Support USB GSM Modem. Control and manage via SMS.
- [Changed]: Each outlet to follow the Power-on Delay when device is turned on.
- [Changed]: Configuration > Outlet Setup renamed “Power Reset Delay to Both Outlets” to “Power-on delay for Outlet1” and “Power Reset Delay between Outlets” to “Power-on delay for Outlet2”. Default is 3, 13 and max is 600 seconds
Help: Power On Delay: Set the turn on time between each outlet when the device is powered On or an Outlet reset has been performed.
- [Changed]: Updated ‘Google Talk’ to ‘Hangouts’
- [Changed]: Removed Hardware version from System Status page
- [Changed]: Stun Server defaults to stun.I.google.com
- [Changed]: Email subject changed from “MSNswitch 63: xxxx” to “MSNswitch Log# 63. xxxx”
- [Changed]: Press and hold buttons 1s to toggle On or Off. Changed from 2s.
- [Changed]: Changed DDNS successfully connected reporting method.
- [Changed]: ‘Preset Domain Name’ changed to ‘Domain Name’. Only shown when user defined.
- [Fixed]: Hangout crash when flooded with large amount of Help messages.
- [Fixed]: Hangout UIS Reset bug
- [Fixed]: Schedule Reset All bug.
- [Fixed]: DDNS email notification message bug fixes
- [Fixed]: SMTP Server SSL authentication bug.
- [Fixed]: Outlet hardware button sometimes unresponsive.
- [Fixed]: Mobile Web UI functions inconsistent with standard UI
- [Fixed]: Email notification, did not include UIS Reset Outlet “(#3/7)”
- [Fixed]: Modified SMTP mailing method.
- [Fixed]: Relocated iCV99 DDNS item to ‘Domain name’ drop down list (applies to MNT & MNT.NB firmware only)
- [Fixed]: Hangouts command must match exactly in order to be executed.
- [Fixed]: The last digit of WAN IP not displayed in email resulting in DDNS link error.
|For MNT.5326 (released 24th Sep. '15);:
- [New]: Changes to Fix IP mode.
Where there is no DHCP server (i.e. MSNswitch connected directly to PC / LAN cable unplugged from router), Press and Hold the [UIS On/Off] button for 10 seconds to give MSNswitch a Fix IP address at 192.168.0.100 (blue LED will blink rapidly). If MSNswitch is connected directly to PC, Netility will show the fix IP address.
To revert back to DHCP mode, just reconnect MSNswitch to a DHCP enabled router.
- [New Feature]: Force UIS Reset after initial power-on.
This feature requires [UIS On]. Details in Web UI [Help]
- [Fixed]: Login issue with Google Hangouts.
- [Fixed]: Hangouts > UIS Reset time.
- [Changed]: When upgrading, all settings will default except [Network > IP Address]. Avoid unit unreachable if upgrade from remote.
|For 2.40.MNS.5430 (released 2nd Sep. '15);:
|For 2.40.MNS.5106 (released 16th Jan. '15);:
|For 2.40.MNS.4c29 (released 29th Dec. '14);:
- [New]: Individually assign outlet to a group of websites.
- [New]: Set ‘Number of UIS Resets’.
- [New]: Schedule UIS function On / Off.
- [New]: Option to assign Stun Server.
- [Changed]: Configuration Outlet Setup > Outlet Power Reset Delay renamed to Power Reset Delay to Both Outlets.
- [Changed]: Configuration Outlet Setup > Power-on delay between Outlets 1 and Oulet 2 renamed to Power Reset Delay between Outlets.
- [Changed]: UIS Function renamed to UIS Reset.
- [Changed]: Relocated System Status to Help section.
- [Removed]: Configuration > Outlet Setup > Auto Reset Outlet(s) every ...
- [Fixed]: Hangout bug when connecting from iOS phone.
- [Fixed]: Bugs related to email and notification.
- [Fixed]: Bugs related to Gmail port 465 “connection to email server failed”.
- [Fixed]: Bugs related to Schedule > Reset.
- [Fixed]: Event log text corrections.
- [Fixed]: Other bug fixes.
|For 2.40.MNS.3909 (released 9th Oct. '13);:
- [New]: Favicon on browser tab.
- [Fixed]: Event log bug.
- [Fixed]: DST calculation issue reworked.
- [Fixed]: Restore settings file bug.
- [Fixed]: Rework outlet initiation after system start-up.
- [Updated]: Made Gtalk login process smoother.
- [Fixed]: Other bug fixes.
|For 2.40.MNS.3314 (released 25th Mar. '13);:
- [New]: Support Google Talk with accounts registered with gmail.com. This replaces MSN feature.
- [New]: When power-on, unit will enter a 3 second test mode. All LED lights will blink during this period. Once complete, Outlet 1&2 will return to original state before power-off.
- [New]: Once MSNswitch synchronizes with TimeServer, it will update all EventLog time. Result: 2001/01/01 will not show in EventLog if time is synchronized.
- [Change]: Messenger “get status” command, will return website without ‘www.’ (eg, www.google.com will return as google.com) to avoid having the link/returning info being blocked.
- [Change]: ARP broadcast to gateway every 30seconds. Resolve issue of wrong MAC address on some routers.
- [New]: Configuration > Time-out Settings. Add option to set the ping interval. Set Ping/Connect interval [ xx ] seconds (10-3600 seconds)
- [New]: “Viewer” account. Viewer account can view but not make changes to settings. Help menu added.
- [New]: System Time > Time Zone. Popular city names included in zone listing.
- [New]: SMTP will auto detect encryption method (SSL/TLS). Not necessary for user to select.
- [Removed]: Configuration > Schedule. Reset button removed.
- [Change]: Configuration > Website / IP Address. Table heading rearranged to Assign | Website / IP Address | Protocol | Status
- [New]: Configuration > Website / IP Address. Assign Outlet 2 default to Disable. The device will auto detect the Gateway IP and list it in theWebsite / IP Address field. This only applies when first start-up.
- [New]: When start-up, if MSNswitch does not receive a DHCP IP within 3 minutes, it will change to a FIX LAN IP of 192.168.0.254. To reset, power cycle the device.
- [Change]: System Status > Network Status > Free Domain Name link removed from list. Information is moved to Configuration > Network > Dynamic DNS > Preset Domain Name
- [Change]: Configuration > Network > Ethernet settings (Connection Type) Set to auto detect.
- [New]: Configuration > E-mail > E-mail Settings. When Enabled, the Send Test E-mail and Email Address Book option will appear.
- [Change]: Logs > Event Log. Renamed "Server address xxx can not be resolved" to "Server address xxx unresolvable."
- [Fixed]: Configuration > Website/IP address > Assign. Not possible to assign both sets as‘None’.
- [Change]: Configuration > Time-out Settings > Number of continuous time-outs before outlet(s) reset, ceiling increased from 5x to 10x.
- [Change]: Configuration > Auto reset outlet(s) every. Removed confusing "0=Disable", position to bottom of list, and updated online [help].
- [Change]: password.cgi text edits.
- [Fixed]: password.cgi when click reset button, will reset the Account to Default Login & Password. Default Login=admin, Password=[blank]
|For 2.40.MNS.1b15 (released 5th Jan. '12);:
- [New]: Support URL control via outlet2.cgi
user= login name
outlet= 0 for all outlets; 1 for outlet #1; 2 for outlet #2
command= 0 for OFF; 1 for ON; 2 for toggle; 3 for Reset; 4 for UIS ON; 5 for UIS OFF
Example: To turn all outlets ON
Where the x’s are MSNswitch LAN IP address.
- [New]: Inclusion of Help menus directly on the UI.
- [New]: SMTP supports TLS encryption.
- [Edited]: Time Server log removed.
- Bug fixes
|For 2.40.MNS.S.1a04 (released 12th Oct, '11); 2.40.UIS.S.1a04:
- [New]: Daylight Saving Time function.
- [New]: SMTP supports SSL encryption. TLS to be available in next firmware.
- [Edited]: removed unnecessary MSN messenger command.
- [Edited]: "Netility / Utility" > Network Settings > Advanced --> HTTPS/Telnet/SSH port: cosmetic correction.
- [Fixed]: Outlet repeated Manual On/Off bug.
- [Fixed]: Reload settings issue.
- [Fixed]: Miscellaneous minor bugs.
|For 2.40.MNS.1214 (released 14th Feb. '11); 2.40.UIS.1214:
- [CHANGED]: Login authentication method (internal).
- [CHANGED]: MSN response message.
- [NEW]: Web UI interface & Outlet icon. Outlet icon shows a warning sign when UIS is not activated, to indicate that it is not being 'protected'.
- [NEW]: Show when unit last auto-reset. See (System Status --> System Information --> UIS last reset on).
- [NEW]: More control over Outlet 1&2. Ability to;
a) Separately assign Website / IP address for Outlet 1&2.
b) Enable or Disable website.
c) Use TCP (sending webpage request) or UDP (using ping) to monitor a site.
See (Configuration --> Configuration --> Website / IP Address).
- [NEW]: For UIS-315 only: A new button to indicate if the 'UIS function' is currently On or Off.
For UIS-322x models: The new UIS button can be controlled via Web UI.
See (Information --> Current Status --> Status and Control)
- [NEW]: 'Event Log Item' now includes;
UIS 1 Reset
UIS 2 Reset
Outlet 1 Auto Off
Outlet 2 Auto Off
Outlet 1 Auto On
Outlet 2 Auto On
Outlet 1 Manual Off
Outlet 2 Manual Off
Outlet 1 Manual On
Outlet 2 Manual On
Auto refers to programmed, Manual, refers to by hand or via Web UI.
- [NEW]: Configuration --> Delay before checking Website/IP Address after power reset.
Default =0, [Condition: 1. Internet in Online, 2. UIS function is ON): Internet now goes Offline. Outlet will reset. Unit will now wait until Internet comes Online.
Any other value (say, X), [Condition: 1. Internet in Online, 2. UIS function is ON]: Internet now goes Offline. Outlet will reset, wait X minutes, and checks. If internet is still Offline, Outlet will reset 2nd time, and not reset anymore but wait until Internet comes Online.
- [NEW]: E-mail will also include items listed in Event Log.
- [REMOVED]: All logs previously classified as "Warning".
|For 2.40.MNS.0620 (released 15th Jul. '10); 2.40.UIS.0620:
- FIXED: MSN sometimes will drop out or disconnected.
- FIXED: Unit Web UI becomes unresponsive if internet connection remains disconnected after a long period. It will still show up on Utility but will not respond.
- FIXED: Removed NetAgent text from the UI.
- CHANGED: DNS resolve and PING sequence. All 5 sites PING'd simultaneously.
|For 2.40.MNS.0318 (released 8th Apr. '10); 2.40.UIS.0318:
- IMPROVE: iCV99 DNS update time.
- ADDED: Option to assign the individual outlet reset interval between 1~120 sec.
- ADDED: Button to manually update Time Server.
- FIXED: Problem with MSN messenger not responding. This was due to case sensative text box on MSN UI page.
|For 2.40.MNS.0225 (released 10th Mar. '10); 2.40.UIS.0225:
- NEW: Redefined the 'reset' function. Now the Outlet will only 'reset' IF it is ON. If the Outlet is originally OFF, it will not 'reset'. This is more specific to model UIS322, but also applies to UIS315.
- NEW: Ability to define which outlet will 'reset', if internet disconnects. See UIS configuration --> Outlet Setup.
- NEW: Support ddns.iCV99.net. This is an automatic process and is free. MSNswitch will automatically register a free domain name with ddns.iCV99.net. Each pre-registered domain name is assigned based on (serial number).iCV99.net. The free domain name is listed under Information --> System Status --> Free Domain Name. User can also click the link to login to ddns.iCV99.net to change the pre-assigned domain name.
- NEW: Included Dynamic DNS 'status'. Under Information --> System Status --> Free Domain Name. The status will be shown directly in the field. Either connected (in which case it will show the domain name), or not reachable, etc...
- NEW: Web UI
- NEW: Functions on the left column are now expanded by default, and are no longer collapsable.
- NEW: WEB UI can now support multi-language. Now includes, Chinese (traditional and simplified), Spanish and Portuguese.
- NEW: Information --> Current Status. Page refresh is now default to 1 second, automatically.
- NEW: Information --> Current Status > Connect Status. Now will automatically show the IP address of target address.
- NEW: Information --> Current Status > Outlet Status and Control. Option to reset individual outlet. Reset option will not be available if outlet is set to OFF. Note: if either Outlet 1 or 2 is off, the "Reset All Outlets" button will only reset the Outlet that is still ON.
- NEW: Dynamic language. Language selection is not customizable to individual user's preference. Previously, it is fix on unit that means different user will see the same language.
- NEW: Logs --> Event log. The event log is now set to 'Manual'. Automatic refresh has been removed. User can now categorize the event type.
- EDIT: Text & sentence editions.